This quick and easy omelet recipe is a delicious way to start the morning. Not only are you getting a healthy dose of protein, but you’re also adding the benefits of more leafy and cruciferous veggies into your diet.
Broccoli & Spinach Omelet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup fresh small broccoli florets, cut into small pieces
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup shredded rice mozzarella cheese (optional)
- In a skillet heat the olive oil.
- Add spinach leaves and broccoli. Cook until crisply tender (4-5 minutes).
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together remaining omelet ingredients except olive oil and cheese.
- In same skillet heat 1 teaspoon olive oil. Pour egg mixture into skillet.
- Cook over medium heat lifting slightly with a spatula to allow uncooked portion to flow underneath, until omelet is set (3-4 minutes).
- Place sautéed vegetables and cheese on half of omelet. Gently fold other half of omelet over filling. Serve hot.
- Tip: For even fluffier omelets, add 1/3 cup of water or soymilk to the egg mixture before cooking. Beat thoroughly.